Wednesday, June 22, 2016

It's a kind of magic...

Hi Folks...once in a while you come across a product that sets your heart racing and those creatives juices flowing...I'm talking about the little pots of magic aka Infusions from Paperartsy which react with water or wet mediums to create stunning backgrounds so I just had to get some and have some fun...
I created lots of backgrounds on Ranger Watercolor paper using Dina Wakley Gel Medium and I'll be sharing all the cards I made with you this week starting off with a background that has a bit of a French Impressionist painting look teamed up with the gorgeous images from Kim Dellow's stamp set. Lots of sprinkling...spritzing with water...drying and more sprinkling. I quickly realised that each background will be absolutely unique...there's no chance to replicating this exactly...it all depends on how much powder you use and where you sprinkle it...


and something softer using my favourite Flower Garden stamp set from Tim Holtz. For this card I stamped the flower in Versamark and embossed with Ranger Super Fine White Powder...thoroughly wet the areas within the embossed lines with a paintbrush and sprinkled on the Infusions...Are you Cerise and Lemoncello on the flower and The Sage on the stem and leaves and let the water do all the work...any powder that lands outwith the wet areas can just be brushed off once the image is dry...magic or what. Then I applied gel medium to the background...sprinkled more powder...brushed it out and dabbed with kitchen towel to soak up the excess...creating a light background...


See you all tomorrow for more Infusion Magic
Hugs Kath xxx