Friday, March 11, 2016

What caught my eye...

Hi folks...I promise promise promise this will be my last "Stitches" post but I thought I would share what caught my eye at the show and it was obvious that knitting and sewing are the fastest growing trends in the crafting world...wool...fabric...ribbons and buttons were everywhere...

and cuteness galore...


beautiful examples of quilting...
a super cute thread holder for your sewing room...
a visit to the daily fashion show to catch up with what every well dressed crafter should be wearing in 2016 was a must...
There were also kits to make your own summer shoes...
and a saunter through the wonderful world of Yarnia...with everything made from wool
I have to say I was very disappointed that Sizzix were absent from the show...their stand is usually the most beautifully decorated with oodles of inspiration...filled to the brim with gorgeous samples and I was gutted to learn that the lovely Pete paid a visit to the show and boo hoo I missed him...
never mind...there were consolations...
and on that subject...I'll be back tomorrow to announce the winner of the "Love Tim Holtz Give-Away"
Hugs Kath xxx

9 comments:

  1. Yarn certainly seems to be appearing in a few more outlets. The loss of so many B&M Wool shops has been a nightmare over the years - how can you tell what a yarn is like from a photo on the internet???
    I love the Yarnia photo.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Kath, now that is just making me want even more wool and fabric than I already have, I have taken a vow to stop till I can use up what I have....BUT....wow.....I am get so tempted...lol....thanks for sharing...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I too noticed the beautiful array of fabric, yarn etc. I too also knit so it was lovely to see the trends. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin that last pic of you with His Inkiness! Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Yes Yes,that's me,good job I didn't go hee hee.Love love love all your pics,thanks so much for sharing.Happy Weekend.Hope Buddy is ok too.Big Hugs/Huge Cuddles for Buddy.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Kath,
    Look at that wonderful wall of wool! Back in the dark ages I worked in a wool shop in Winchester. I spent most of my days fluffing up the balls to make them look nice in their little display cubbyholes. I have to say I hated the job but loved all the wool. My dad taught me to knit when I was about 5 or 6. I remember he was home sick and most likely decided that he would only get some peace if he gave me something to do lol. Working with wool rekindled my knitting desire, especially as I got a staff discount.
    Look at you cuddling up to The Man! I think I could just about survive a Tim cuddle...maybe lol. Never going to happen though as the crafting world doesn't realise that England actually extends over the Tamar Bridge and there's a very nice country called Cornwall at the end of it all...and we have crafters down here who would love to have an exhibition to go to (especially if it was within reach by public transport as we don't all have cars lol).
    Happy Friday, everyone.
    Bejay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pen full of sheep!
    Great pic of you and Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Kath, the sheep in the pen are just adorable, how did I miss them!! I was hugely disappointed that Sizzix was not there too, but you are right, seeing Tim more than made up for the disappointment.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am really shocked to hear that Sizzix weren't there Kath. I am worried that it is a bad sign for the market place. Fabric, wool and yarn always put in an appearance when things are financially rough or on trend! It will be interesting to see how long it lasts again lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete