Friday, January 8, 2016

Crazy Crazy Crazy...

Hi folks...after a couple of days of persistent drizzle...we're back to full blown monsoon conditions...it's crazy crazy crazy weather. I took a trip into town yesterday to source some PVC Tablecloth type material to use with the Power Punches at the NEC Workshop...
and darned near didn't make it home again...I was almost blown off my feet crossing Dunelm's car park and the surface water on the roads was unbelieveable...like driving through one gigantic puddle. And it got worse as darkness fell...for the first time in my memory...Aberdeen was virtually cut off from the rest of the country...airport closed...train services cancelled...all routes out of the city only passable with extreme care and with lots of side roads under feet of water...it was a long nightmare journey home for commuters. And Mother Nature isn't done yet...it's now snowing heavily...more chaos for today's commuters...I know it's Winter but this is the craziest freakiest weather ever.
Looks like I'm going to be housebound for a while so it's time to ditch the lazy lifestyle and get back to some crafting...what I hear you ask has caused the big turn around...we've gone from doom and gloom to itching to get back to the cubbyhole in the space of 24 hours...could it have something to do with the fact that the Furry Alarm Clock has been made redundant in favour of the more reliable mechanical one or maybe it's down to Mr Holtz teasing me with sneaky peeks of the CHA 2016 new release products...
I want everything and up to now the wish list resembles the till receipt from a weekly food shop but right at the top of that list is the stamp set that I can't wait to get my inky paws on...
if you loved Bird Crazy...you're definitely going to want these too and how cool they've been designed to work with all the accessories from Crazy Things. And not forgetting...there's a brand new Tag over at "12 Tags of 2016" on the list of things to do and a little Christmas treat parcel of goodies from Simon Says Stamps to keep me out of mischief and the left over Christmas Cake tin...
but first I'm setting off on my Wanderlust 2016 Journey...can't tell you how excited I am about this adventure into the world of mixed media and art journalling...
If you haven't yet dabbled or don't feel confident about working with mixed media...this would be a great place to start...a whole year's worth of downloadable video workshops (more than 50) allowing you to work at your own pace... with amazing teachers...technical classes and information as well as sponsor discounts...give-aways and challenges. You can find all the details and sign up HERE. I just need to choose which journal to use and I'm off...
Stay safe if you're out and about and enjoy your weekend
See you soon
Hugs Kath xxx