Monday, January 18, 2016

Chop...chop...

Hi folks...I hope you all had a fun weekend...mine didn't quite fall into that category...I was stuck in the cubbyhole on a "chop chop...let's get to it" mission to kit up the Fiskars Workshop Projects for The NEC...starting off with trimming 240 sheets of white cardstock to the required size and thank goodness for my best friend...the Fiskars ProCision Trimmer who makes short work of 3 sheets of 320gsm card in one go and still cuts like a knife through butter. It's one of those "I've started now so I'll finish" kind of jobs because there's no room in the cubbyhole to leave everything lying around...
so we moved on to scoring the card to create a gift bag...one of those "you need all your wits about you" tasks...
and then back to the "mind over matter" chopping...with the help of some boogie woogie music playing in the background...endless cups of coffee and the mindset that...each one on the completed pile is one less on the still to do pile...
and hey presto...the Procision can have a rest and hand everything over to the collating department in the kitchen...
No matter what job you do...there's always a tedious task or two that you have to grit your teeth to get through but let's not forget every job has it's consolations too...
Fingers crossed they'll be all packed up and ready to go today and then I can get back to the crafting just for fun stuff.
Hugs Kath xxx

7 comments:

  1. Well done on completing all that chopping & scoring.
    Hope you enjoyed that cake - it looks yummy.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely have a lot more patience than I do. I hope you enjoyed the cake, you earned it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath you need to change your name to 'Wonder Woman'......your a whirl wind....have fun....x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath. Hope you are keeping warm. Well done getting all that done. Gosh that cake looked yummy!!!
    time for some fun now, so enjoy what ever you do. Hugs. Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath,
    I do love your reward to yourself for getting all the chopping done and dusted :). I have to say that I like the sound of a slicing and dicing machine that will cut three layers of such thick cardstock in one go...even my old-fashioned guillotine can't cope with that. It sounds like I may well be saving up my pennies to get myself one :)
    Bejay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am loving the look of your reward, yummy. I love my Fiskars, cutter and scissors which I have had since I started crafting 18 years ago. Good luck with the NEC, might see you there in February if you are at the Trade show.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you go you sure go girl.Well done and oh that cake does look yummy,you deserve your treat,great mug too.Do you still have snow.Huggles and cuddles for Buddy.xxx

    ReplyDelete