Thursday, November 13, 2014

Crafty Elves Required...

Hi folks...I'm feeling completely bogged down and well and truly crafted out...can't seem to gee my ginger and get on with the list of things to do...there's been much sitting around drinking coffee and not even the goodies from Birmingham have persuaded me to get my crafty hat on again. Top of the shopping list were those "can't live without" cubbyhole essentials...the 3D foam pads...Cosmic Shimmer Glue...Mini Blending Tool pads and a new Craft Pick...a pokey tool to you and me...his predecessor has seen better days...obviously he's been poking around where he shouldn't have been. A big thank you to David and Brenda at Craft Obsessions for very generously re-stocking my supply of the fabulous Stick It and to Fiskars for my smart new craft mat.
and of course I couldn't resist adding to the cubbyhole's Tim Holtz Bits and Bobs Collection...
and a stroll over to MDF Man to stock up on more of these fabulous storage boxes...I'm still amazed that I managed to sneak them past the eagle eyes at check-in and on to the flight as hand luggage...
and after seeing the gorgeous samples on the Powertex stand...I couldn't resist purchasing some bits and pieces to have a little dabble...
but when that is likely to happen is anybody's guess...the DIY bug is calling again and after helping hubby to put together Storage Unit 2 yesterday...I've been busy unpacking...sorting and stacking the shelves....the good news is the garage is now decluttered again...
the not so good news is the two-tone cubbyhole is getting on my wick but before I can start painting again...the rest of the units will have to moved and seeing as they're well and truly anchored to the floor by the weight of all the craft stuff...I'm suspect I may have to empty them first...to save hubby ending up in hospital with a hernia and that's not a task that's filling me with joy right this minute.
What I really need is a little army of crafty elves with big muscles who are dab hands with a paintbrush...many hands make light work...The Furry Boy will be on hand with lots of furry snuggles and I'll be very happy to keep you topped up with lots of coffee and cake...so applications in writing please...addressed to The Cubbyhole"
Hugs Kath xxx

16 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with the cones as I have 2 knitting cones waiting to be altered taht my mum gave me. Off to have a look what powertex is as I haven't heard of it. Hope your ginger comes back raring to go soon.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should just take a nice long nap! Sounds like you may be human after all, Kath! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get stuck I stroll through the $1 Store. All that cheap stuff gets me inspired to make something fun. Love the cones and those storage drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Kath, time to have a break me thinks. Get on those waterproofs if it's raining and get out and have a chat with Mother Nature. It always works for me when life gets a bit full on. Your dear Buddy would love it too. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cubbyhole

    I would love to apply to be a Crafty Elf..... I wish! I think I would be more of a hindrance than a help... but I am with you there in spirit. I think you need a day out with your crafty friends and then you will feel motivated I am sure. Big hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A day out sounds good or a nice long walk with Buddy to clear the cobwebs away . Maybe we could have a list of helping elves or fairies who could go around and magic tidy craft rooms. That would be so great x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely new stash. We have a two tone bedroom, well three actually as we had an accent wall. It will get done though. Not much time this week but hubby will crack on it with next wk. I am rubbish at painting and he is brill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have some interesting playthings there Kath.

    Sounds like you need some 'time out' to re-energize the old mojo.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of gorgousness there Kath! I am especially envious of the lovely new TH goodies!
    I'd apply to be an elf in a heartbeat, if only to be able to see some of your gorgeous creations in person, but unfortunately I won't be in Aberdeenshire until just before Hogmanay.
    Hope you find a way to get it all organised soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. To the "Cubbyhole"
    I have storage envy...unfortunately the last time I looked I was not an elf!!!
    Hope the move about goes to plan...I don't envy you that!!! LOL
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath
    I think you have done really well with your crafting space, you seem so organised!! I have just re-organised my craft room and it has taken me just over 2 months, it looks ok but now I can't find anything, I think I should have labeled things as I filled the shelves? If I lived closer to you I would volunteer to help with the painting etc, but I live in the midlands, phew I got away with that one ha ha. Just take a break and find your mojo. Your new purchases will inspire you.
    Many hugs Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kath
    I think I'm in love...with your MDF storage boxes!!! I tried to make my own card and paper storage out of an old, unused poster sized clip-it frame backing with the slats from a wooden venetian blind glued together for the shelves. It works...but boy oh boy what I wouldn't give for a few of the storage boxes you have. You've managed to make your new unit into a fantastic storage space...if only I could be so well organised lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kath, if I didn't live in the land down under I would be there in a flash to help in the cubby hole :) Mind you my craft room is a hot mess and i should be sorting that out but I would so love to meet you and the furry boy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed seeing your things from the show, and those shelves in your craft room are wonderful. I want that Cosmic Shimmer adhesive, it's not well known here in the US and sometimes the postage/shipping costs more than the item. Hopefully, it will soon become more available here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy, I can't wait to see what you make with all of your amazing goodies. Looks like fun is coming. Also, what are the MDF Storage boxes, and where are they from? I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kath, couldn't help noticing you have some Powertex, I have posted my first sample this week on my blog, it's great stuff and I know you will love it. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete