Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What's On My Workdesk...

Hi folks...before you get any ideas that I've lost the plot again...I do know that it is in fact Thursday but the cogs have been turning again in this old brain...the old grey matter's reminded me that it's been an absolute age since I joined in the fun over at WOYWW...aka Julia's place where all the cool crafters meet each week on a Wednesday and invite us into their crafty spaces to check out what they're up to but there was not a scoobie-doo chance of it happening this week either after a jumped up and bitten on the bum nightmare with the last project for the Spring Crafty Retreat. Do you ever get that feeling that something isn't quite right but can't put your finger on it...one of those "just not floating my boat" projects...after a "2 day frustrating back to the drawing board" exercise I eventually managed to get something I'm happy with and the kitting began...
unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg of a mega die-cutting task...yes this is the double trouble project...all it needs is one final big push...that uphill climb before we'll be sprinting downhill to the finishing post...giddy with excitement...screaming with delight and doing that old happy dance but it kind of hit the skids when I found myself chained to the sofa watching the Craftwork Cards Pick Of The Day over on Create & Craft/Ideal World...wasn't it gorgeous...did you manage to get yours. I made some samples for the shows but in my hurry to get them to Julie on time I forgot to take any photos.
And the kitting won't be happening today either...Team Cubbyhole are suffering from that old kitting overload syndrome...in fact we're teetering on the edge of a die-cutting nervous breakdown so we've made an unanimous executive decision...we're downing tools and having a "let's just play" kind of a day.
And surprise...surprise...the gorgeous Wallflower Paper Stash and some of the ingredients to cook up this month's "12 Tags of 2014" Tag just happen to have sneaked on to my workdesk...
you might call it procrastination...why put off until tomorrow what you can do today but on this occasion...I call it...temporary postponement...to preserve the little bit of sanity I have left.
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx