Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pride comes before a fall...

Hi folks...heavens above I've just noticed it's Wednesday already...half way through another week and no-one was more surprised than me when I realised that 2 weeks today I'll be heading to the airport for my flight to Birmingham and 5 days of Fiskars Fun. The workshop kits have arrived safely and I have to admit to breathing a big sigh of relief on that score...I sure would not have been a happy bunny if I'd had to repeat that particular kitting marathon.
And I haven't been resting on my laurels since the weekend either...a sneaky last minute Fiskars magazine commission popped into my Inbox...that's done and dusted along with the dreaded step-by-steps and I've also been playing catch up with my homework from Creative Chemistry 102...still a way to go to complete the course but hey in this crazy place we call the cubbyhole I was feeling rather chuffed with myself that the techniques tags from Day 2 of Layering Stencil fun were under my belt...
and I'd be moving on to Day 3...but pride comes before a fall...yep...knock knock who's there...a gatecrasher has joined the crafty party...a nasty cold/flu virus has turned up to spoil the fun and he's being a bit stubborn about leaving despite Mr Lemsip and Messrs Hot Drinks doing their best to show him the door. My friends will tell you that I DO NOT do "ILL"...I'm not the most patient of patients...don't mind the odd feeling grotty day but more than that and Mrs Seriously Grumpy is on the warpath.  So if I survive the next 24 hours which by the way I have every intention of doing...I'll be back tomorrow to share...fingers crossed...the tags from Day 2 in more detail...once they've all had a bit more titivation.
Hugs Kath xxx

16 comments:

  1. Poor girl...we have had that too...ugggggh...let me tell you. DH is still a bit ill with it and needs another round of antibiotics! We got it on the return flight home from England (Sept 1) and his is still hanging around...

    Take care Kath as I know you do not have time to be ill that long.....so baby yourself a little bit...you deserve it!

    Your course tags are gorgeous...so inky and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Kath. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kath, you really have had a bad do with this wretched virus, DH has been suffering - not nice and not welcome! Hope it goes very soon. Love your tags, I think I did the whole thing too quickly and may now re-visit Day 2 as it is one of my favourites. Take care. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being ill sucks doesn't it Kath, get better soon, there seem to be lots of nasty colds around at the moment. Thoses tags look brilliant looking forward to seeing the details. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kath what a fabulous selection of tags looks like you have had tons of fun there! Hope you feel better soon these bugs are a pain in the neck!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous tags you have made Kath & I hope you feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the tags look amazing already Kath - hope you're feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tags, two weeks to go to NEC woohoo, get netter soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath, I rarely comment but I had to pop in and wish you a quick recovery. Hope you feel well soon. I love your work and all I wish is that I lived near to go to your classes. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better soon Kath!! Love your tags, I need to get on with mine, but I'm in the shop Thurs & Sun, SECC Fri & Sat!!!
    Take care & big hugs
    Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kath, be careful don't do too much too soon, or you may end up in bed and that would really pee you off. Love all the tags, my favourite tree stamps there and I love the bright red on the gentleman one.I wouldn't like to choose as I like them all. Take care...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to hear you have caught a nasty virus Kath :-(

    Hope you feel better soon x
    Have had problems leaving a post via bloglovin so apologies for not keeping in touch.

    Your tags look amazing. Wonderful colours and layering. I have not really started yet !! Had a little play on Saturday but can't wait to sit down and enjoy the course with Tim.

    Take care and keep warm

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you have caught a nasty virus Kath :-(

    Hope you feel better soon x
    Have had problems leaving a post via bloglovin so apologies for not keeping in touch.

    Your tags look amazing. Wonderful colours and layering. I have not really started yet !! Had a little play on Saturday but can't wait to sit down and enjoy the course with Tim.

    Take care and keep warm

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous array of tags and sorry you have been under the weather (where does that saying come from?). Hope you feel better now.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful work, feeling ill or not. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    Feel better soon.x

    ReplyDelete