Friday, April 26, 2013

I Love My Melt Pot...

Hi folks...have I told you lately that I love my Melt Pot...I haven't really had time to have a proper play with it until now and crikey it's so addictive...once I started I didn't want to stop...well and truly lost in my own little world of UTEE and just for the fun of it experimenting with lots of different stuff that has been hibernating in the cubbyhole for years...remember Bedazzles...those little blighters that flew everywhere the minute you tipped them from the pot...Perfect Pearls...I must have every colour of the rainbow and not forgetting the stock of Frantage goodies.
So here's what I made with Texture Treads...a cookie cutter and those gorgeous Vintage Trinkets I couldn't resist at The NEC from the lovely Brenda and David at Craft Obsessions...
this has to be my favourite...
then confident that I've got the hang of this...I moved it up to notch using Spellbinders Media Mixage Bezels
I have to say that I thought the bezels were a tad pricey for 3 metal items in a pack until I realised you can use the bezel as a mould...the shape will pop out once the UTEE has cooled and you can make as many as the fancy takes you....cool huh!!
but a little word of warning...the jump rings top and bottom seem to be quite fragile so handle them with care...as you can see I managed to dislodge the bottom one but maybe I'm just a clumsy clogs. And as much as I would love to continue my Melt Pot journey...I've just been summoned back on the chain gang so I'll see you all tomorrow to share another of my "off on a tangent" adventures. Why don't you pop over to the Craftwork Cards Blog for Day 5 of Beautiful  Bunting Inspiration from my teamie Jo...leave a comment and you could be the lucky winner of a Bunting Kit.
Hugs Kath xxx

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kath, looks as though you had a fun day, love what you have made. Hope the kitchen is progressing well.

    Wilma x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kath you do love your melt pot dont you. I used to love doing this when Suze used to come over to the Craft Barn and show us all her new tricks. Everything you make turns out slightly different and it is such great fun. I have loads of stuff lurking somewhere in my shed too, but no melt pot and note to self ...NO YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ONE ...
    Julie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kath these are brilliant! I wished I knew precisely how you made them as my melt pop is lurking at the back of my craft room covered in dust and never used!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look wonderful,glad you are having fun with your meltpot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as long as you havented melted yourself with enthusiasm........ anyhow my favourite is the key in the round second to last photo & that gorgeous flower in the last one......I've got weeding & deadheading duty.........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw Kath - this looks like so much fun - my melt pot is coming in June for my birthday so I have to sit and wait and drool until then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Kath, you have had some fun! Must admit I bought some of the bezels too because I loved the shape - only problem is, I don't have a melt pot, I have to resort to the old pie dish technique.... Love all your gorgeous makes with yours though. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Kath,I'm very impressed by all your beautiful items made with the melt pot. Its certainly very addictive. I was over at my daughter's last Sunday for a play with her melt pot and took over some of my home made flowers and I have to say they turned out lovely, like glass flowers and they would make lovely brooches. Carry on enjoying your free time as long as you can. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Melt Pot goodies Kath.I have bought one from David and Brenda at CO and will be having a go this weekend.I am going to use my old Makins Clay cutters so I will post something when I am happy with my efforts.Have a good day.X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing these Kath. I've loads of UTEE and quite a lot of Suze's beaddazzles to use - I'll get some of those mounts from CO and texture mats then I'll be attempting to use up my stash! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your melt pot fun. Great inspiration. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been having fun Kath. Love all your Melt Pot makes. Mine is winging it's way to me as we speak, so I may be after some tips soon. Have a great weekend. Hugs Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Kath these look amazing. You're certainly getting good use of your melt pot.

    Hope things are going well with your kitchen.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant melty makes Kath. I had my meltpot for my birthday two weeks ago but been so busy at my allotment haven't had a chance yet. Now the burning question we all want to know the answer to is...What colour did you choose for the kitchen walls??? X

    ReplyDelete