Thursday, August 23, 2012

A bit of this that and the other...

Morning folks...I've had a bit of a dilemma...what on earth am I going to put on today's blog post was the thought running through my mind last night...after managing an entry in this crafting diary every day for the last 4 and a bit years....yes this is post number 2018 would you believe...no way was I going to let you all have a day off from the goings on in the cubbyhole...so forgive me if I indulge in a bit of waffling and some might say...the thing I do best.
If you pop across on a regular basis you will know that The Furry Boy has been seriously under the weather and had his old Crafty Mum by herself with worry until I knew he'd turned the corner and was going to be OK....you'll realise how serious it was when I tell you that I didn't venture into the cubbyhole for 4 days...the cubbyhole without The Furry Boy just wasn't the same...I know from time to time I rant and rave about how naughty he is but I can't tell you how much I missed his cheeky face...his big brown "please share your cake" pleading eyes and even his "way above acceptable levels" snoring but it's amazing how quickly dogs recover...going from "oooh I'm feeling so poorly...I can't face eating anything" to "bring on the grub" in the space of a few hours...he's already making eyes at my breakfast toast and that speaks volumes...give it another couple of days and the gorgeous bundle of golden deliciousness that we all know and love will be back firing on all cylinders and driving me bonkers again.
But after the dramas of the weekend I had a severe dose of cabin fever and what better way to unfrazzle than a trip across to The Papeterie yesterday for coffee and a chinwag with my lovely buddies Debbi and Charlotte and chew the fat about some up and coming crafty workshops...killing 2 birds with one stone and picking up the cardstock for the Fiskars Workshop at The NEC which Charlotte had very kindly guillotined into square card size...one less job for me to do...all I need now is to get them scored and folded...any volunteers...
Time to get a major wiggle on and create some workshop cards for Saturday with these gorgeous Christmas stamps from my lovely buddy Paula Pascual ...I'm a bit out of practice so a bit of divine inspiration may be required...on the other hand the more I look at them...the more ideas are popping into my crafty head...
See you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx

23 comments:

  1. Great to hear that Buddy is on the mend, and you will soon have him back to his old self in the cubbyhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news that Buddy is eyeing up your toast.. he's nearly there!!
    Those stamps looks fantastic Kath, awaiting you to use your magic on them.. Have a great day together.. Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Buddy is back home with you and on the road to recovery, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...oh bless him his appetite is well and truely finding it's way back, it'll be your slippers next (well one of them) great news Kath and I have to say that huge mountain of card does not look inviting, your bone folder will be on meltdown by the time you get through that lot...have a fabby day Kath...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Buddy is on the mend. Have a crafty day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear Buddy is on the road to recovery. Sending lots and lots of hugs his way. Anesha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super good news that Buddy starts having interest in your breakfast Kath!!!! I'm sure you wil spoil us with some stunning creations soon, those stamps are yummie!!!!!!!

    xx Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kath,great to hear that Buddy's on the mend, it's been a worrying time for you all. Looking forward to your class on Saturday, the stamps look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kath, it really was such a worrying time for you, but glad you took time out to meet and chat with your friends, it always helps, I think. Glad Mr B is improving, oh that we humans faired so well in recovery.....Paula's stamps are really beautiful, she does circles so well and the Christmas theme is wonderful - have fun with the scoring, wish I could help you! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news that Buddy has his appetite back. I'm glad to hear he's on the mend. You'll be able to think a bit clearer now without the worry cloud getting you down Kath. Your usual crafty ideas will be in full flow in no time I'm sure, now your golden boy is better... and a wee note for Buddy, those bald patches will grow back in no time, you've been through a lot, but you're still a gorgeous boy. Take it easy and no eating stuff unless mum gives you it, your tum will need a rest from the more exotic diet of slippers and the like after this bug, lol. Be good and get mum to give you a hug from me too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that your mate Buddy is doing really well. I can't wait to see what you do with those gorgeous stamps xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. so glad that Buddy is better and those stamps look fab - looking forward to seeing what you do with them! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really pleased Buddy starting to feel his normal self Kath. Look forward to these stamps coming to life. Have a real Sunny day here, hope it's with you. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad Buddy is getting better. I love the look of those stamps. They are really versatile and suggest so many projects and ideas! jenx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've got my hand up for the scoring & folding job! Can you get them parcelled up & sent down here then collect them (& this little stowaway) on your way to the NEC? Glad Buddy is eyeing your toast again - I hope your husband hasn't managed too much of a mess.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Paula's stamps and have a couple of sets which are used very often. Can't wait to see what you create with these. Not surprised a day out with friends was needed - after the week of worry you've had it's good to spend some time out hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello!

    I love that word 'chinwag' - such fun to say! Such good news that the lovely golden boy is back on the mend! Wishing you both a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad he continues to improve - we're still struggling after our little (schnauzer) Lily's stroke but she's 16 next month so every day is a bonus I guess. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm wondering how long Buddy is going to milk this whole "I've been very sick, please can I have a bit of your toast!" routine for! We all know that doggy ain't stoopid!! It's a godd sign that he wants more food though, and I'm very glad to hear it. Love those new stamps, and I bet once you start creating you won't be able to stop.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  20. big squishy hugs for Buddy
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look of those new stamps,looking forward to see what you come up with. Glad you enjoyed your chinwag with friends. Hugs to Buddy, bet his appetite is soon back to normal and back in the cubbyhole snoring happily. Love and hugs to you both x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  22. So Glad to hear you have had your worries eased.
    It's wonderful when we see our pets or loved ones improving. It lifts our spirits so much.
    I bet you enjoyed your trip out to see your friends.
    those look like beautiful stamps I especially like the round circles with sentiments.
    Tell Buddy to keep getting better each day.He's doing a great job already.
    Have a nice weekend,Kath.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like Buddy's well on the mend now Kath. I'm sure his appetite will soon back to it's usual. Just shows you can't keep a good dog down.

    Bet you're going to have lots of cards using these lovely stamps to show us soon. Hope you're having fun with them. I'm just not getting anything done here with all this boring work. I wouldn't mind if I was working but all this standing about being bored really bugs me. I just keep thinking what I could be doing at home!!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete