Saturday, July 14, 2012

It's Saturday....

Morning folks...well if this isn't the strangest feeling...after 4 years worth of Saturdays (209 if my maths is up to scratch) of saying.. "it's Saturday and time to join in the fun over at Penny Black Saturday" I'm having withdrawal symptoms already...now that we are a monthly challenge on the first Saturday of each month...I'll have to wait another 3 weeks before I'll be typing those words again...it sure is going to take a bit of getting used to but no more skidding in by the seat of my pants on Fridays...that's a statement that may come back to haunt me...what do you bet with a whole month to make my DT card for August....I'll leave it until the last minute. I thought it might be a good idea to wean myself off my weekly Penny Black Saturday fix gradually so I'm sharing some cards I made using the gorgeous Petal Party stamp set...
a shabby chic mix of stamping onto patterned papers with Versafine black and 
stamping with Versamark and embossing with white detail powder...


an entirely different look...
stamping the solid flower and leaf from the set onto patterned papers with Distress Markers
 and because they are transparent...I love how the script still pops through... 


 I've had lots of folks mention to me at demos that they are having a problem inking transparent stamps with Distress Markers...the ink pools and the stamped impression is blotchy....like the one below...
 a little tip...ink up your stamp with Archival Black and stamp it out onto scrap paper until no impression shows...then colour your stamp with the Markers and your impression will look like this...cool huh
I'm off to have just one more play with a fabulous technique using Petal Party and Distress Markers I saw on my Penny Black buddy...the lovely Jill Foster's blog....I'll see you all tomorrow over at The Ribbon Girls for another fabulous Colour Challenge.
Hugs Kath xxx

27 comments:

  1. Hi Kath
    Love these stamps and how you have used them >thanks for the tip today.Have a good weekend
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kath
    Love these stamps and how you have used them >thanks for the tip today.Have a good weekend
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Kath...particularly love the detail and colours! Hugs, Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...very pretty Kath, and a cool idea with the double stamping & embossing it really does give great effect & dimention...and top tip with stamps...Mel :)
    Have a fabby weekend...cold n dreery n skies loaded with rain here on the South Coast, may have to trade my car in for a canoe if this keeps up...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards are lovely Kath a great set of stamps which are so versatile.Love the colours of theses two cards. Enjoy your weekend. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath,
    Two lovely cardsthese stamps are really nice, think I'll put them on the wish list! Thanks for the tip about the pens, I must try it out tonight. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Stunning cards Kath, I love the way you used the stamps and the colours are gorgeous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the effect with distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous cards Kath. I love how you have used the stamps and the colours look great too.
    Have a good weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Kath, and thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Carol XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous stamps Kath... beautiful cards I need these stamps!! great design & colours... Love it!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kath, I LOVE it soooo much!!!
    I wish I could be Buddy for just one day and watch you make these gorgeous creations!!!

    Hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two lovely cards hun and I agree it is definitely weird not writing a post for PBSC today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kath, I am so glad you said it first - I have not done my entry yet because there is plenty of time - bad idea (for me anyway - lol). I think I work best under pressure just like I did when I worked for a living! Your cards are gorgeous, you definitely have a knack with Tim's inks and markers and that is a great tip, will try that one - thank you! Crafty hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Kath,
    This is weird no PBSC. I hadn't been joining in for that long but not having to rush with my entry yesterday was strange!
    I haven't started July's entry yet - loads of time (lol). Remind me I said that when you see my entry come in close to the deadline.
    Love these cards with the new PB petal set, the colours are fab. You work those markers so well. Off to try your tip with the clear stamps.
    Have a great weekend, love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the Archival Ink tip Kath. Really love the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've done it again, Kath, inspired me with flowers......putting this set on my wishlist. LOVE both cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both so stinkin' awesome! You have such awesome talent! Can't wait to see what else you create. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kath, wow great cards today, that set from penny black looks fab! I love how the script from the papers still shows through the distress markers, think I'll have to give that a try, love Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very interesting tip about the Archival Ink - looks like I'll have to get hold of one of those after all. As for the two cards - what an amazing difference in the two. Love that first one & the second one is quite an education.
    No sooner had husband decided to mow the lawn than it poured with rain!!
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both very pretty cards Kath. Thanks for the great tip about using black archival on transparent stamps before using distress markers, what an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, these are gorgeous, love the colours. They are rhe sort of stamps I wouldn't normally buy but they are goreous here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning work Kath - they're really versatile aren't they? Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards Kath. And thanks for the tip about the markers.

    Does feel funny not to have a new Penny Black challenge today. Suppose that gives me time to try and get a card made.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous inspiration Kath, love them both.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab card and gorgeous flower. Hugs,Moni

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow the more i see you using this stamp set, the more i need it !!! another 2 great and different designs, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete