Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's a wrap...

Hi Folks...as they say in showbiz circles "It's A Wrap"...the Christmas preparations are done apart from the major "kitchen chaos" washing up session and here's a first...a day ahead of schedule...
and I couldn't have done it without my faithful furry partner who's been there every step of the way, helping out with the tasting and licking the kitchen floor clean goodness knows how many times...a real "taking one for the team" Christmas trouper...
but hey if you're not quite there yet...don't beat yourselves up...it's took me 40 years plus of running around on Christmas Eve like a headless chicken before I managed to perfect the technique.
But as I loaded my fridge with festive food and settled down for a celebratory cuppa next to the Christmas tree with it's carpet of parcels...I was overcome with an overwhelming of sadness for the thousands of refugees displaced from their homes, cold hungry and struggling to survive. It's breaks my heart that the true meaning of Christmas...peace on earth and goodwill to all men...has been long forgotten and as I write this...I'm in tears at the thought of the innocent children who won't be getting a visit from Santa this year.
Hugs Kath xxxx