Friday, January 3, 2014

The Crafty Doldrums....

Hi folks...a bit of a doom and gloom "I'm feeling muchly sorry for myself" post this morning...I've found myself caught in the trap of staying up late watching the goggle box...my normal "early to bed...early to rise" routine has fallen by the wayside...the days of 9 to 5 crafting in the cubbyhole are a distant memory...all because of a "nothing on the box" decision one night to revisit Downton Abbey...starting right back at the beginning of Series 1 and oh boy I'm hooked all over again resulting in marathon "watching all the episodes" from each series in one go late night sessions which if I'm not careful could very easily turn me into a serial box set couch potato watcher.
You realise you have a problem when the early morning strolls are now taking place mid morning...breakfast has become brunch...lunch has become afternoon tea and by the time I'm in the mood for supper...I would normally be heading for bed. The old crafty brain is totally befuddled...not a scooby do what day of the week it is and it's time for drastic measures when the powers of deduction have worked out that if today's Friday...then as sure as night follows day...tomorrow's Saturday and the first Saturday of the month means Penny Black Saturday Challenge and DT card...yes gulp...gulp...gulp 2014 is kicking off with another skidding in by the seat of my pants make and sneaky peek...
Time to pull myself out of the crafty doldrums and get back to the long..long list of crafty things on this month's agenda and I may just have the very thing to fire up Mr Mojo's enthusiasm once again...something guaranteed to get me off the late night wagon and back on the straight and narrow...yes it's time to head back into the cubbyhole and have a little crafty play along with Tim and the first of the "12 Tags of 2014"...
Tally ho...see you all tomorrow
Hugs Kath xxx