Sunday, January 12, 2014

"12 Tags of 2014"...January

Hi folks...it's hard to believe that we're right back at the beginning of another "12 Tags" journey and I know that lots of you are just as excited as I am and looking forward to lots more inspiration from Mr TH and the chance to play along at "12 Tags of 2014".  If you've been following the sneaky peeks of all Tim's new products being launched at CHA...your wish list is probably looking like a year of grocery till receipts all joined together...your bank manager has probably already booked himself into therapy and your credit card...well it's probably quaking at the thought...
With the cubbyhole production line going at full tilt...there was no time for any thinking out of the box this month so I just grabbed the ingredients...followed the recipe adapting and overcoming as I went along...

and also decided to follow Tim on the crazy journey of attaching the teeny weeniest Remnant Rubs to an oval charm...now I don't have a matching punch so I painted the inside of the charm with Picket Fence Distress Paint...waited for it to dry and then set to work with a tooth pick...tweezers and lots of determination and patience and you know what...I think I may now be qualifed to perform the most intricate brain surgery...shame I didn't spot the wonky epoxy sticker before I put on my David Bailey hat...
and continuing with the Tim Holtz theme...today's task is nailing the die-cutting...
50 down and 200 still to go...so I'm taking a leaf out of Mario's book...according to the King Of Kitting...coffee and lots of it is guaranteed to get the job done. Enjoy what's left of the weekend folks...I may or may not be here tomorrow...it all depends on whether or not the judiciary deem me suitable to sit on a jury...if the bird's nest hair and my best dopey old crone look do the trick then I'll see you all tomorrow...if not I may have to call on my Furry Partner to hold the fort.
Hugs Kath xxx

15 comments:

  1. Oh that's a fab tag Kath! Just gorgeous! One of these days I shall have to see what this Tags of 2014 business is all about... :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to say "please don't get up on the ladder. Hire the work done !!! I have memories of seeing my late husband fall and be injured. i've said the same thing to my son-in-laws - stay away from ladders.
    I love your new tag for January,so many interesting elements to look at.
    Good luck tomorrow,hope you get to come back home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Kath. What a fantastic tag. I'm quite exhausted just thinking of you cutting 200 die cuts, which are on my list by the way. Plenty of caffeine will see you through. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kath fabulous tag you must be very patient (or stubborn!) to do all that fiddly work. Maybe if you kept saying pardon when they speak to you and try nodding off a few times then they may decide to overlook you! Good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the Jan tag Kath, Love it... Te leaves look fantastic... that die has to be on wish list...Good luck at jury service I done it about two years ago..never again I hope....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kath love the tag, and my all those leaves a real challenge. I hope all goes well tomorrow for you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tag is brilliant Kath...I have decided to jump in this year and join Prof Tim on this monthly journey..I entered for the first time and really enjoyed making my piece. Fingers crossed you are given a get out of jail freee card tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee and a strong right arm I would say! That new die looks amazing.

    Your tag is amazing, love your adapt and overcome with that clock die and you did a brilliant job with the fiddly bits.

    It is always wonderful to see Buddy but I hope it is you tomorrow........fingers crossed. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks amazing Kath - I'm using the alarm clock too - its a great die - I hope mine looks as good as yours when its done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kath, lovely tag, looking forward to seeing one every month from now on. Fingers crossed you don't have to trip away to court tomorrow, it's such a drag when you have lots of other things to be getting on with. Why can't these criminals behave themselves, it would save us wasting our time on them. Lovely sunny day, but by gum it's chilly now...Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tag, and dare I say it, I like it better than Tim's (sorry Tim). Good Luck tomorrow and I hope you don't get picked as I found it a real drag and a total waste of a week when I was picked. Just keep mumbling 'Guilty' under your breath - LOL Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Back home again for a few days - I hope. Thanks Kath for cheering me with your first tag of the year - yours is still miles better than you know who! (Caffeine is just what has kept me going these past difficult days...X)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the tag Kath...amazing take on Tims tag. The details you bring to each tag really make the difference. xx

    ReplyDelete