Friday, April 19, 2013

Something a Little Bit Different...

Hi folks...it's my turn to post over on the Craftwork Cards blog today and if you visit me regularly you'll know that I've been sharing cards made with the gorgeous new Candi Stamps Bubble Blooms...anything flowery and I'm in my element but I wanted to come up with something a little bit different.  You know how your mind goes off on a tangent sometimes...mine probably more than most folks but that's a tale for another day...lo and behold...a kachink moment...why not resurrect a technique as old as the hills...even older than me probably...stamping on to a candle.  Now if you're a veteran forgive me for trying to teach my grandma to suck eggs but hey there may well be new crafters out there you haven't yet dabbled with this easy and fun technique.


So it was time to go in search of a candle and have some fun with the beautiful...
Bubble Blooms Felicity
the sentiment in the stamp set lends itself to making this as a gift...a little cheer you up for a friend who's under the weather...quick and easy to make for craft fairs or as teacher's gifts...
and to complete the project a lemon shimmery bow and some delicious Springtime Candi...
So if you want to have a go...you'll find the instructions HERE
I'll see you all tomorrow for April's Colour Challenge from the Ribbon Girls...in the meantime enjoy the weekend whatever the weather.
Hugs Kath xxx